- Most-requested Chocolate Cake
- Forget-Me-Not Cones
- White Cheddar and Turkey Pinwheels
- No-Bake JELL-O®-Topped Cheesecake Bars
- Citrus-Spinach Salad with Chicken and Smoked Almonds
- Chante's Real Cheddar Harmony Mac & Cheese
- Penne with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Cold Cuts Party Salad
Food Rite Recipes
- View Recipes
Most-requested Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes (Total Time: 55 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 4 Egg
- 1-2/3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla, Divided
- 2 cups Flour
- 1-1/3 cups Water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon CALUMET Baking Powder
- 6 tablespoons Butter Or Margarine, Softened
- 1 pkg. (16 ounce) Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Milk
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
BEAT eggs, granulated sugar and 1 tsp. of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour, water, dressing, 2/3 cup cocoa, the baking soda and baking powder; beat until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 min.; remove from pans. Immediately remove wax paper. Cool completely on wire racks.
BEAT butter and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add combined powdered sugar and 3/4 cup cocoa alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition. Use to fill and frost the cake layers.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Prepare as directed, using MIRACLE WHIP Light Dressing.
Garnish frosted cake with sliced cresh strawberries just before serving.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS