- Peppered Citrus Pork Chops
- Terrific Taco Salad
- Mojito Lemon-Lime Cocktail
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers
- Ham Garden Bagel
- Banana Upside-Down Sour Cream Walnut Cake
- Decadent Fudgy Nut Bars
- Vanilla Ice Creme
Food Rite Recipes
- View Recipes
Pineapple Coconut Upside-down Cake
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time: 50 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 16
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
- 2/3 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 cans (8 oz. each) Pineapple Rings, Drained
- 7 Maraschino Cherries, Halved
- 1 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat cake mix, eggs, sour cream, water and oil in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, stopping frequently to scrape side of bowl. Beat on medium speed 2 min.
MELT 1/4 cup of the butter in each of 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; sprinkle each pan with 1/3 cup of the brown sugar. Top evenly with pineapple rings and cherries; sprinkle with coconut. Pour half of the prepared batter into each pan.
BAKE 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving plates. Cool slightly.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
You'll know it is a special occasion when the aroma from this special treat fills the house.
For extra flavor, toast coconut before using.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS