- Peppered Citrus Pork Chops
- Terrific Taco Salad
- Mojito Lemon-Lime Cocktail
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers
- Ham Garden Bagel
- Banana Upside-Down Sour Cream Walnut Cake
- Decadent Fudgy Nut Bars
- Vanilla Ice Creme
Food Rite Recipes
- View Recipes
Chicken Tacos With Fresh Corn Salsa
- Prep Time:
- Serving Size: 4
- Fresh Corn Salsa
- 1 box Frozen Corn Kernels, Cooked
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 2 Scallions, Chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, Minced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, Chopped
- 4 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Whole Chicken, Cut-up Into Parts
- 1 cup Canned Enchilada Sauce
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 8 Prepared Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Grated
In large bowl, stir together corn kernels, diced tomato, scallions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to make salsa. Set aside.
Place chicken parts in large saucepan; cover with cold water. On top of stove, bring chicken to a simmer; cook for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from heat; set aside to cool. Drain chicken. Dice chicken, separating from bones. Place chicken on stove in medium saucepan. Add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to pan. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375. Wrap tortillas together in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
To serve, wrap tortillas in cloth napkin and place in basket. Place chicken mixture, salsa, sour cream and grated cheese in individual serving bowls. Assemble by topping tortillas as desired.
Per serving (if using breasts): calories 638 Grams of fat 28g