- Parmesan Cheese Straws
- Spinach Garlic Pizza
- MCP® Grape Freezer Jelly
- Banana-Graham Treats
- Sweet Potato and Ginger Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pita
- Spring Salad with Roast Chicken
- "Not-Baked" Alaska
Food Rite Recipes
- View Recipes
Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes (Total Time : 8 Hours 10 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 Medium Onion, Sliced
- 1 Medium Carrot, Peeled, Sliced
- 1 Medium Celery Stalk, Sliced
- 6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs (One & Half Pounds), Cut Into Bite-size Pieces
- 1/3 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup KRAFT CATALINA Dressing
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Grated Gingerroot
- 1 can (8 oz.) Pineapple Chunks, Drained, Liquid Reserved
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Medium Green Pepper, Sliced
PLACE onions, carrots and celery in slow cooker; top with chicken.
ADD combined brown sugar, dressing, soy sauce and ginger. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW for 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours). During last 30 min. of cooking time, increase to HIGH. Stir cornstarch into reserved pineapple liquid; add to slow cooker along with the pineapple and peppers. Cook 30 min. or until peppers are crisp-tender and sauce is thickened. Serve over the rice.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Make your slow cooker preparation even faster - get ingredients ready the night before and place in the slow cooker. Remove inner container and refrigerate until ready to cook the next day.
Every time you lift the lid, you lose heat. So, keep the lid on and resist the urge to peek!
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS